STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE FOR CUSTOMS, IMMIGRATION AND QUARANTINE (CIQ) CLEARANCE FOR YACHTS
Amended SOP for CIQ (Customs, Immigrations & Quarantine)
- 27 May 2008 at 0900hrs.
In our continuous effort to facilitate a smooth and speedy clearance and to minimize any inconvenience while not compromising any security concerns with regards to the Immigration rules and regulations the following guidelines apply.
Effective from 1st June 2008, the Marina will only undertake to arrange for Arrival and Departure Immigration clearance daily strictly from 0900hrs to 1800hrs including Sunday and public holidays.
- Forward Crew/Passenger List 6 hours in advance via fax 67689230 or email at
- State ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at Marina
- Call RSYC at VHF Ch.77, 30 minutes before arrival at RSYC
- Fly the numerals pennants 2 and 5 in a vertical line with the 2 above the 5for crew and numeral pennants 3 and 4 with the 3 above the 4 in a vertical line if there are passengers onboard.
- Proceed to the berth M7 indicated by a blue and white chequered pile caps.
- Wait for Immigration Officer to board for clearance.
- Once cleared by the Immigration, all pennants may be lowered and vessel may shift to the allocated berth.
- After berthing at the allocated berth the Captain is then requested to proceed to the Marine Office with the following documents or registration:
2) Vessel’s Registration Certificate
3) Insurance Certificate
4) Last Port Clearance
5) Crew/Passenger List stamped by the Immigration officer.
- No crew is allowed to disembark before Immigration clearance.
- No Owner/ Owner’s representative, guest, agent or contractor are allowed to board the vessel before Immigration clearance.
- An armed police officer will be stationed at the berth M7 for any enquiries.
- The marina is not able to undertake the customs, immigration and quarantine clearance for yachts (CIQ) in the marina outside the stated time.
- All crafts arriving outside the stated time will be directed to the anchorages stated below for customs, immigration and quarantine clearance (CIQ).
- However all boaters can also clear Immigration at the following anchorages:
a) Changi General Purpose Anchorage
Approximate Position Lat 01 ° 19.5’ N. Long. 104 ° 04.0’ E
b) Western Quarantine & Immigration Anchorage
Approximate Position Lat. 01 ° 13.0’ N. Long. 103 ° 49.7’ E
Please note that boaters are advised to call, email or fax to the ICA at the following means:
- Telephone 6377 5882 or 6377 5992
- Fax 6273 5635 or 6377 5993
Upon arrival at the anchorages boaters are advised to call the respective ICA at VHF Ch. 74.
Boaters will need to hand over to the Immigration Officer all Passports and Crew/ Passenger List.
- Boaters are advised to inform the Marine Dept of their ETD 6 hours in advance.
- Immigration clearance will be done onboard the vessel only from 0900 hrs to 1800hrs.
- No crew or passengers are allowed to disembark once Immigration clearance is done except in an emergency.
- Boaters are required to depart as soon as they have been cleared by the Immigration.
- All crew and passengers are reminded that it is an offence to land after immigration clearance has been done.
Port clearance can be done in house. Please inform the Marine Dept. of your ETD. Port Clearance is valid for 48 hours.
Alternatively boaters who prefer to clear Immigration at RSYC may anchor overnight at the designated small craft anchorage at position Lat. 01° 17’ N Long. 103° 56’ E.
APPROACH BY SEA
Boaters are reminded that all shipping lanes and fairways are extremely busy. The use of small scale charts is recommended (MPA chart 301, B.A. chart no. 2570 or Small Craft chart SC 9). The following approach is recommended.
With the SERAYA BUOY on starboard side (Lat 1 ° 16.7’ N, Long. 103 ° 44.9’ E), steer 004 ° T to RETAN A buoy (01 ° 17.5’ N, Long. 103 ° 45.3’ E) passing it on your starboard side and pass well clear of the breakwater and turn to starboard and steer 086 ° T to the Marina entrance. Navigate with caution as the area is a mooring area for small work crafts with mooring ropes attached to the mooring buoys.
If in doubt please call Marine Dept at VHF Ch.77 for assistance.
0830hrs to 1800hrs daily, including Sundays and Public holidays.
Tel: 6768 9239, 6768 9233, 67689234
Fax: 6768 9230
Radio: VHF Ch 77
Please be informed that possession of illegal drugs or any fire arms are strictly prohibited by law. Kindly declare and inform us in advance if you have any firearms so that we can arrange with the relevant authorities for the safe keeping of such firearms.
Your co-operation is greatly appreciated. We welcome you to our Club and Marina and may your stay be a pleasant and memorable one. Thank you.