- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club wants visitors to this website to know that we are as concerned as you are about the privacy of any information that you may provide to us through the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club is making every attempt to ensure that all our business practices that involve the use of your information are compliant with privacy regulations in Singapore.
- When you use certain online services of the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site, including but not limited to Member Profile, Online Bookings, Online Shopping, the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club may ask you to provide certain Personal Information on online forms.
- Personal information may include your first and last name, title, mailing address, email address, telephone and fax number, language, employer, business title and other personal identifying information.
2. PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE
- Depending upon the service you wish to use, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information with respect to a particular service, we will not be able to process your request.
- Our web server will recognise your domain name, but not your email address. We may use 'cookie' technology in the public area of this website to increase your user experience on the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site.
3 HOW MAY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED?
- We propose to use, store or process the Personal Information provided by you to the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site for increased convenience as well as to keep you informed about new activities and services or offers which we believe may be of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to have your Personal Information processed for any of these purposes then you will have the opportunity to indicate this below when you indicate your consent and submit any request to the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site.
4 TO WHOM AND WHERE PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED?
- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club will not disclose your Personal Information to outside third parties.
5 PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Personal Information that you provide in connection with your Member profile is protected in several ways.
- Your information is encrypted when travelling over the Internet.
- Access by you to this data is available through your User ID and a Password. We strongly recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
- Your information is stored on a secure server that resides behind a firewall after your information reaches the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club.
- The firewall is designed to block access to this data from outside the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club.
- Inside the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club only selected Republic of Singapore Yacht Club staff and contractors have access to the server via their password.
6 RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Your Personal Information will only be kept for such periods as is permissible by law.
- Where the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club no longer requires your Personal Information, we may permanently erase it without prior notification.
7 RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may at any time request the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club to make available a copy of your Personal Information. You have the right to access, update, correct or delete your Personal Information and preferences at any time.
- You are able to amend certain data yourself. This can be accomplished by logging into your Member Profile with your User ID and your Password, changing the appropriate information and submitting the modified form (please follow the instruction on the site). Your access to this data should be provided at any time, except in case of disruption of our server.
8 CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
- By providing your Personal Information and then pressing the [Submit Request / Send] button you freely consent, subject to a notification to the contrary provided below, to the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club using and processing your Personal Information for the purposes set out on this page.
- Where you do not wish to have Personal Information processed for any or all of the Purposes indicated above you should so indicate your preference in the text of an email to the Membership Department. If you wish to remove your Personal Information from our email and/or direct mailing list providing you with information about new activities and services or offers that we believe may be of interest to you, please opt-out by checking the appropriate box when you provide your Personal Information to the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site.
9 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Third party websites to which the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club Site may link have separate privacy policies and data collection practices. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club is neither responsible for the content of such websites nor for their privacy and collection practices.